Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-10-2010 , 07:49 PM

New Challenge Ideas!!

Hi all,

Please see the thread below for your ideas.

I''m gonna sticky this for a week or so.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 22-10-2010 , 08:36 PM
The thin red line
May be a vehicle challenge, must exist (with photos to support) from a skate board to a aircraft carrier..............dave

# 3 22-10-2010 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
1) The Chair

provide a model of a chair - then anything goes. Create a scene that tells a story but it must some how involve the chair (or a different object).

Got the idea from a uni project we had which was based on a desk. This would leave room for people to make the idea there own.

2) Caricature

I think a caricature challenge would bring some really funny entries. - could be off ourselves or famous peeps. Well as long as it not Chef Gordon Ramsay

I`ll think of some others aswell ...

# 4 22-10-2010 , 09:01 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by tweetytunes

2) Caricature

I think a caricature challenge would bring some really funny entries. - could be off ourselves or famous peeps. Well as long as it not Chef Gordon Ramsay

I`ll think of some others aswell ...

Quite like this one but would it have to be people? I'd love to see some animal characters (a bit more original too). Makes me wonder what a Kevin Caricature would look like...

# 5 22-10-2010 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
Yer why not - Celeb/Animals Caricature - mix a star with an animal - there would be some crazy ideas there hee hee

# 6 22-10-2010 , 09:49 PM
I also like the idea of a characature user added image or how about maybe an animation challenge, maybe like a facial expression or lip sync to a sound clip? I cant remember when we last had a animation challenge. Depends if enough people join though i guess.

I also like tweetys idea of a chair or object as it doesnt have too many restrictions so people can go wild with the idea.

I suppose this comp might run till christmas, so how bout some christmas ideas too maybe?

# 7 22-10-2010 , 09:51 PM

Originally posted by tweetytunes
Yer why not - Celeb/Animals Caricature - mix a star with an animal - there would be some crazy ideas there hee hee

OH i Like that Tweety, even better. how bout Rudd Van Nistelrooy as a horse as he has a looong face user added image

OR

Lee evans as a cheeky monkey user added image lol

# 8 22-10-2010 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by s2-speedy
I suppose this comp might run till christmas, so how bout some christmas ideas too maybe?

Holiday idea`s tend to create the same thing over and over - I would like to stay away from it if possible.

Unless it was create a toy for christmas - now that I would like to see - it would also be a very open idea which I think would go down well.

# 9 23-10-2010 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by s2-speedy
OH i Like that Tweety, even better. how bout Rudd Van Nistelrooy as a horse as he has a looong face :

Hahaha I see allot of animal/hybrid possibilities with Wayne Rooney

I realy like the chair idear. I think people of any skill level can get involved and still make an interesting scene as opposed to Caricature.

# 10 23-10-2010 , 09:42 AM
Unser Joker
My favorite is still the caricature idea
I really like the idea of an human combined with an animal - great

----Peace----

# 11 23-10-2010 , 11:01 AM
Lifetime Member
hhhmmmmmm I will think on this one...the chair sounds good. If its organic I wont even bother....I tried with the minotaur but failed dismally.......seen enough of the organics...

I will ponder

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 12 23-10-2010 , 04:30 PM
The Nurb Herd
i think a lighting and rendering challenge. model can be provided free from turbosquid or equivalent.

Every one downloads the same model, then you just have to texture, light and render it.

# 13 24-10-2010 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
steam-punk santa sled/vehicle... haha

# 14 24-10-2010 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
Why not a re-imagining (Caricature if you like) of a famous holiday character, be it yule time themed or not. So take a character from folk lore and remake them with your own twist. I know this may lead itself to steam-punk Santa or goth Santa or space Santa but there's lots of room to be creative as well...

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 15 24-10-2010 , 01:41 PM
Steampunk Characters

I would like to see some steampunk mechanics and some characters as well.

We could have poly budget.
Like for next gen game
smth 10k
- AO map
- Displacement/normal map
- Spec
- Glow

and the other things .. : )

that's my idea