Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-06-2003 , 02:50 PM

cv-curve to polygon

question, selection
when i don´t want to use the outliner, how can i select certain objects, which are laying at the same place?

question, cv-curve to polygon
i´ve draw a cv-curve. i don´t know if it is closed. now i want convert it into a polygon-object with a certian object-heigh.
i´ve tried to convert it to planar, but i can´t extrude a surface.
i´ve also used the command nurbs to poly, but i can´t extrude a surface too.
how to do it right? which is the best workflow?

# 2 11-06-2003 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
1) I believe the only practical way to select a single when there are many objects around is to select it through the outliner. The outliner's main purpose is to display a list of every object in your scene so you can easily access it. Try setting up a hotkey for the outliner (I use the o key) and things will go a bit faster.

2) When you draw a cv-curve it is always open. You can cloase the curve by choosing Edit Curves>Open/Close Curves.

You cannot "convert" a curve to a polygon. You must have geometry. I think what you mean is you don't know how to create geometry using curves.

To use the Surfaces>Extrude option, you must have two curves. One is the "path" curve and the other is the "profile" curve. The profile curve will be the shape of the geometry you create, while the path curve will decide where it extrudes.

I suggest opening the options box for each of the Surface commands and reading through the help files to get a good idea about what each one does.