Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2003 , 10:40 PM

Mirror problem with SubDiv Surfaces

Hello friends!

I´ve converted a simply polygon-mesh to a subdiv.
Now, I want to mirror one half of the body.

But my problem is, that there is a big space between the original part and the mirrored one.

How can I change it ?
What can be wrong ?

I´ve set the pivot point exactly to the middle of the original, but htat could´t fix my problem.

user added image

thx for every little help,
bernhard

# 2 14-04-2003 , 10:42 PM
Right click, and select faces. High light one side of the faces, move them to the exact middle, (as close as you can, do the same for the other side.)

OR: Undo your mirror, move your original so one side ir RIGHT on the axis, and them mirron again.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 14-04-2003 , 10:50 PM
hmm, well okay, I know that I can move them to the middle, but if I do that, you can see that the car has two bodys.

the 2nd way is the interesting thing:
undo the mirror-->hmm, but what you mean exatly with the axis ?

thx,
bernhard

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at
# 4 15-04-2003 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber
the axis are the coordinates X,Y,Z, if you look closer to a view, ex, persp, then on the lower left corner you will see a: X,Y,Z color thingie, if you move an object up, it is moving in they Y direction etc, mirror +X will mirror towards the X handle of the axis, mirror +Y will mirror upwards of the Y handle in the axis,, it is kinda self explaining

sorry for confusing you