Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 76 22-04-2003 , 04:08 AM
Simply Maya OG
.....Im speechless. I honestly though Twisted was going to win this one. Wow.....I dont know what to say. Id like to know why I wont though, a more indepth explanation, if possible. Im not complaining that I won...but Im just cursious. user added image

- Hybrid
# 77 22-04-2003 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber
Yea, alright hybrid. I think one thing on these battles we all have to get clear first off.. is the final verdict isnt the most important thing of the match..it should be the least of importance.. as its just to learn. The reason you won though is after weeing twisted renders, it was really nice and quite sharp.. but hybrid.. you had more geometry put into it.. like, for example.. you modelled each and every seperate piece and then made it go together.. twisted did the same but it looked like a lot of things were just passing through the truck and not modelled to fit user added image. The problem with voting these things now is, that its getting hard with ones this close. Hope this explains, if you need an even more in depth reason then you can pm me ok?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 78 22-04-2003 , 04:34 AM
Simply Maya OG
Yes, I now know what you mean M. I understand what hard job it is to judge (especially with all the talented artist now a days) and I respect your decisions. Thanx and have a good night user added image

- Hybrid
# 79 22-04-2003 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
Can we call ties?.. lol, j/k.. people would start getting mad user added image. Anyways, yea. im out for the night too.. cya later

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 80 22-04-2003 , 05:24 AM
... must admit. im a little bummed. i honestly thought i was going to win. But i guess i have more to learn. Good battle Hybrid.

Till next time
~Twisted