Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-08-2004 , 12:52 AM

Problem with Movie Texture

Hey Guys,

I'm having problems with adding a movie texture to a polygon plane. I have a scene with a character sitting in his easy chair watching TV. I would like to apply an animated texture to the TV screen. I've tried avi, qt and a targa image sequence, but with no luck. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

# 2 08-08-2004 , 12:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
.avi's usually work. Make sure you turn on the Use Frame Extension attribute for the Movie file.

# 3 08-08-2004 , 04:09 AM
I opened up my movie file attribute editor and loaded my avi movie file under file attributes, and can't find Turn on Use Frame Extension anywhere. Am I in the wrong area?

# 4 08-08-2004 , 04:47 AM
The Maya Mountain
It should be in the movie file attributes right under where you browse for the file.

# 5 08-08-2004 , 01:57 PM
Attached is the actual screen shot of the movie attribute editor, and I can’t seem to locate the Turn on Use Frame Extension. You said it is under the file browser?

Attached Images
# 6 08-08-2004 , 02:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
What version of Maya are you running?

I believe you'll need to check "Use Image Sequence" and the keyframe the Image Number box to play the video.

Later versions of Maya made the process a bit easier.

# 7 08-08-2004 , 05:59 PM
I am running MAYA 6. When I loaded the avi the image does not show up on the object. I have hardware texturing on.

When I select Use Image Sequence the Image Number opens up, what do I type in? What does Frame offset do?

What steps do I follow to get this thing to work? Is this a bug in maya? Does the movie texture actually work?

Attached Images
# 8 08-08-2004 , 06:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
I have a tutorial at my website (link below) about this. Maybe it'll help.

# 9 08-08-2004 , 07:18 PM
Thanks for all of your help, I figured it out. I found out that Maya was not reading the avi codec, so I went into premiere and changed it into an uncompressed avi. I guess MAYA is very picky about compressed avi's. Hey, you learn something new about MAYA everyday.

Have a good one!