Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-11-2002 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber

Life after 3D...

yes people, there is a world outside the virtual world we all know and love, its called, reality user added image
what do u lot like to do in this so called reality?

me? i like to play basketball, i love to blade but ive busted my elbow, so im typin rather slowly atm, but u cant know that user added image
and i just started learning the guitar, its rather fun, just need a guitar now, but i have no money user added image
i also love my music, nu metal, punk, anything like that, bad religion rock user added image
sleep is also another big hobby of mine, buti dnt get to do that too much user added image exams comin up as well :S

what bout you lot?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 24-11-2002 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
well... my exams are finished... holidays.. yippy... i am trying to make use of it as much as i can... apart from Maya... its ramadan right.. so i am fasting.. cant play u know.... i watch TV, play some games with my small brothers and sister and have some good quality talk with em' user added image

# 3 24-11-2002 , 02:08 AM
SM Tea Boy
Programme, occasionally see the sun thats about it apart from the odd curry and pint with kev, with this place and everything else thats going on i pretty much work 14 - 15 hours a day the other hours i sleep, read or jog, pretty boring really.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 24-11-2002 , 02:31 AM
well, since I'm a freelance 3D artist it's pretty much part of my personal reality...

but apart from that I like to go to a local bluesclub and jam with some fine musicians, invite friends and cook for them (my Thai Curry, Chili, Gumbo and Lamb Chop are famous : )), talk and drink with them for hours...

and I love to learn. guess that's why I read quite a lot (books are a great training for your creativity and imagination too!).

here's some recommendations:

Otherland - by Tad Williams
Neuromancer Trilogy - by William Gibson
Fevre Dream - by George R.R. Martin
The Name of The Rose - by Umberto Eco (this guy can write!)
He Walked Among Us - by Norman Spinrad

I could go on forever...

# 5 24-11-2002 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
well, he asked you what you will do outside maya.... althought 3d is pretty much your personal reality... there should be something else right??

# 6 24-11-2002 , 02:52 AM
SM Tea Boy
philip - liquid.arts

Great book list iv read.

Otherland - by Tad Williams
Neuromancer Trilogy - by William Gibson (hasent everone with a computer read this by now!!!) user added image

Ill look the other's up thanks for the tips have you read...

Gateway by Frederik Pohl
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
Startide Rising by David Brin
Hyperion by Dan Simmons
Islands in the Net by Bruce Sterling

All great books user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 24-11-2002 , 08:47 AM
Supreme Being
ou.. ou..out.. outside world..? huuh..? heh :p lol
i like readin' and learnin' new stuff.. user added image
nice book list.. i'll look them up..
mostly i read about 3d.. but occasionally i get my hands on some other books too..

check this out.. it's really good.. trilogy..
Wizards First Rule - Terry Goodkind (epic.. Wicked!)

# 8 24-11-2002 , 12:09 PM
Hey David,

yes, Hyperion is great too; just finished part 3 (The Fall of Endymion) only to discover that the fourth part is not available anymore, only the first edition used for 75 euros *doh*
(haven't yet decided if I'll get it anyway)

This one was actually recommended to me by a guy that works for eden FX (the studio that does all the Star Trek effects : ))

And since you mention Bruce Sterling; he's cooparated with Gibson in writing "The Difference Engine".

And I just realized I left one excellent one out: Eclipse Trilogy by John Shirley. That's an awesome book.

# 9 24-11-2002 , 12:35 PM
Hey, Guys

This is one excellent thread.
Personally my life revolves around my computer, but I also go to the gym (how cliché), try to go out as much as possible, movie theater seems to be my other passion.
But after a reunion with my cousin the other day, seems I´ll be adding to new activites to those ... scubadiving, and skydiving. Gotta love adrenaline.

user added image

# 10 24-11-2002 , 12:50 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Roman

check this out.. it's really good.. trilogy..
Wizards First Rule - Terry Goodkind (epic.. Wicked!)

Roman iv read the Goodkind, books a trilogy is 7 parts hey impressive.

Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 01) Wizards First Rule
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 02) Stone of Tears
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 03) Blood of the Fold
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 04) Temple of the Winds
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 05) Soul of the Fire
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 06) Faith of the Fallen
Terry Goodkind - (Sword of Truth 07) Pillars of Creation

user added image

try the Belisarius books by David Drake and Eric Flint if you liked the sword of truth series you will probabley like um.

David user added image

# 11 24-11-2002 , 02:40 PM
Supreme Being
LOL... damn i read that book like a couple years ago.. i heard that it was gonna be a trilogy.. LOL.. i have a sh*t lod of catchin up to do.. heheh thnx for the info dave

# 12 24-11-2002 , 11:27 PM
yeah your right about having a life. I like to hang with my girls hehhe. my friends go out drinking. movies. Clubs whatever. wrestling. Just goofy stuff.
other times I enjoy. Just staring at my t.v.

# 13 24-11-2002 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
My life consists of Maya and this website mostly. The only other thing I really do is school. I don't get out much, don't have that many non-internet friends, don't have a tan, and don't do much with my family either. I guess you could consider me as one of those geeky nerds who studies too much. I'm reletively quiet around people unless it's over an instant message or in this forum. Currently, I have an A average in school and plan to go to a college near a school that teaches Maya. If I'm not working on Maya or browsing this site, I'm usually searching the internet for a shader or some information for a proceedure for Maya. I do a bit of writing from time to time and read as many Maya books as I can afford. I don't know what I'll do when I turn 18 and have to get a job, though. Going to work every day means less time for Maya. I've never done drugs, never smoked, never consumed any alcoholic beverages, and never had a girlfriend. I figure a relationship would never work out for me because I wouldn't have enough time for one. My one true love is Maya.

# 14 25-11-2002 , 04:27 AM
hahhahha. i love it.

# 15 25-11-2002 , 04:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm a DVD fanatic. user added image Just wish I could afford all the ones I want to get. lol