Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-09-2009 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber

Apache tutorial problem

Hi everyone, first post.

Currently working thru the Apache tutorial, and just got some odd results.
Have backtracked but can not figure out what is causing it.

I am about 10mins into part 4, and trying to split the recessed (rotor housing) opening, to get a sharper edge.

Problem is, when I hit 'enter' to complet the split - I get the unexpected spiky geometry.

Anyone have any ideas ? - I'm sure it will be obvious to more experienced users, but its driving me mad :headbang:

Any help much appreciated !

Sorry, forgot to include images, off to work out how to do this user added image

Last edited by mayawannabe99; 14-09-2009 at 05:17 PM.
# 2 14-09-2009 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-09-2009 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Finally sorted it - must have done one to many extrudes, as I had a double face.

Went back to my final save of part 3, and worked thru again - this time got the right result, without the spiking.user added image

Have to say that I'm really enjoying (and learning a lot) from the Apache tutorial - more than worth the cost :bow: