Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-06-2003 , 11:46 AM

UP all night

i have been up all night kinda tweaking this car design... i am making it with polys... i kno i kno... nurbs are fun and easy... but i am dumb... so anyway,,, i have a few problems with my car and was wonderin g how to fix them... this is my first attempt at it... i think its turning out ok... i dont have a background image for it or anything...

ok... what i need help with is the cab... i dont know how to make it... also i need mucho help with the little details... like the lights and the small lines for where the hood is... and yeah... i just need lots of help... any thing you guys (or girls) could say to help me out or point me in the right direction would be most helpful...

Thanx! :bgreen: :spam3:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-06-2003 , 10:24 PM
Kevin
right mate... I will be totally honest here as it will help you no end!

the wheel arch - and the whole car looks like it has a "smooth added, like you would on an organic material....

maybe try nubs around the arch?

or if not ..get nicer shpes with boolens?

the back area from this angle does look quite ok...

have you seen mike mckinleys poly car tut on his site? It may help if you prefer sticking to polys... but dont think for one minute that you have wasted time by my comments as it is all practise mate!!!

well done

# 3 14-06-2003 , 05:53 AM

im gunna dump it

yeah i think i am dunna ditch this one and do a nurbs car... i just need a good tutorial on it... also if at all possible could anyone tell me where to get background images for a toyota supra thats the car i wanna do... i think i am just gunna dump this one... its starting to really upset me...

# 4 14-06-2003 , 06:25 AM

good blueprints

# 5 16-06-2003 , 04:09 AM

HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!

alright... so i dumped my old car and a an doing a new car... i am using the https://www.mtmckinley.net./tut11.html tutorial as a reference... but i am making a different car... im making a toyota supra... well anyway... i am having touble bc i am trying to do step (figure 17) and when i extrude the sureface of the cv curves... it gets all wacky... i tried tweaking it a bit and everything i try to do just seems to not work... can anyone help me figure this out???

thanx for all your help

# 6 16-06-2003 , 06:37 PM
DARKhacker... Also check out www.suurland.com They have lots of car blueprints to. pz.

# 7 23-06-2003 , 05:23 PM
https://www.onnovanbraam.com/

this site has some good blue prints too. but make sure you line up everything or your in for a big headache later.