Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-09-2020 , 01:02 AM

Adding and subtracting vertices from skinweights

Hi guys,

So I haven't done any skin weighting for a while, but I went in to attach some joints and what I always used to do was go to paint skin weights do my painting and then use the select tool/lasso to clean up those pesky vertices that remain connecting to joints they aren't supposed to. But for some reason I can't seem to get into a mode that will allow me to do this. I can only paint and never selection add/subtract vertices to my selected joint. It used to work fine, just hold shift or CTRL to quickly add and subtract vertices. Now I can't get anything to work!

Going to the selection tool just jumps out of paint skin weights.

I feel like I'm going crazy here as I know I used to do this all the time, anyone know what I'm talking about here?

This does happen to be Maya LT, but I don't think this should be any different in there?

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!