Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-09-2006 , 07:52 AM

Blend shapes act weird

Hi guys!I've created some blend shapes to test them.I've created "smile","smile right" and "smile left".Now,my problem is that when i animate "smile right" it moves correctly but when i animate "smile left" it takes the exact shape of "smile left" but on the right side of the face!What the hell is up with that user added image .This is CNN,thank you for watching(or reading in our case user added image ).

Peace Out dogs!

If u have sumthing to say,say it.DON'T delay it!
# 2 25-09-2006 , 05:34 PM
Ok pple!I fixed it!And for those who run into this problem:dont duplicate ur objects with a negative scale (or to be sure reset ur "duplicate options" box).Apparently this was causing the face to blend the opposite side of what im deforming.I wouldve never thought about checking that shit,nor yet playing with it?Uve been wonderful tonite,thank u :bow: !

If u have sumthing to say,say it.DON'T delay it!