SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya 6.5 tutorial question

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

23-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
halfloaf
Lifetime Member

Maya 6.5 tutorial question
Hiya,

This is a bit of a Maya 6.5 question for those who use it or have used it.

I've modelled, rigged and textured the jack-in-the-box character from the Alias Foundation 6 book, but am having trouble playing back my animation. It seems to be very (read excessive) slow when the lattice deformer animation is played back. (Full shaded, no textures) If I play back my 120 frames real time, I may get 4 frames displayed during my playback. (Very jumpy!) Frame by frame playback is also very slow.

Now if I use the file from the tutorial DVD, it plays back just fine!

I suspect there is something wrong with my scene, I've attached the file and hope somebody can cast some light for me!

Another question if I may...When I open my scene, it calculates something for about 5 seconds (Calculating...Please wait...) Is this related to Artisan Tools? Should I delete the history when finished sculpting?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated..!

Jacques.
Attached Files
File Type: zip jack_exp.zip (81.5 KB, 113 views)
23-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
publicFunction
Senior Software Developer

Try Deleteing history on the objects you can... This will slow Maya down...

And also run a Playblast to see how it runs once its completed...
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)