Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-10-2004 , 06:34 PM

text question?

hi,

I go this really simple question: I got maya 5 ant I create some text in the "create ->

text" dialog, the text gets created but I don't know how to add the other "z" dimmension...

is just some flat wireframe text. And after that.. how can I view the rendered frame.. not

animation?
thnx in advance,
ovidiu

# 2 18-10-2004 , 06:54 PM
By default it creates the text in lines. Go into the options by clicking the box next to the text bar. Select trim and it will make it nurbs, or polys, which will make it polys. Then create it, and render, you will se the text. For depth you could extrude polys, or loft the curves.

# 3 18-10-2004 , 06:59 PM
Or just create the text curves and use BevelPlus to create the surface....hit F1 and read up as all this is in the manual.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."