Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-04-2015 , 02:55 PM

MAYA - create objects in random order

hello everyone,
state that I am still a beginner with Maya, something I get along but now I need your help
I would like to create objects scattered randomly along a predefined path, so to speak better kind of a trail of stones, stones with shapes, volumes and different orientations to give that effect random and realistic
the trail if possible I would like to make it along a given path, or a cure designed before
I commend to you
thanks

# 2 29-04-2015 , 12:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
The new xgen system in Maya is set up to do this kind of thing. I'm not sure how intuitive or robust it is currently, I've only used it a bit. I'm confident there are scripts out there to do this kind of thing too (you could look at the new training kit part about tiling the roof: https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=365&sub_cat=6). Or you could use instanced particles, there are a number of resources out there about doing that kind of thing. Hope that gets you in the right direction.