Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-02-2017 , 09:29 PM

How do you "re-cycle" object rotation every 360 degrees?

I have a rotary control rig that works like a dial. The problem is that when the dial rotates past 360 degrees on its axis, the channel keeps adding to 360 instead of restarting from zero. Is there some way to have the rotation value be replaced with 0 every time it hits 360? I wouldn't want to change the rotations settings for the entire scene - just a few specific objects. I'm assuming the values would have to run from 0 to 359.999 then jump back to 0. Thanks.

# 2 06-02-2017 , 09:19 PM
SM Tea Boy
You can use a set driven key for this and maybe even assign the spin to another control?

If your not sure how let me know i'll make a quick video for you.
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 06-02-2017 , 10:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. My apologies but I am not entirely sure what you mean. I'd like the dial to continuously spin while the rotation values displayed in the channel are only ranged between 0 and 359.999, because those values drive four separate set-driven keys that I've set up. I’d like the dial control to perform action (A) when the dial is between 0 & 89.999 degrees, action (B) when it’s between 90 and 179.999, action (C) between 180 and 269.999, and action (D) between 270 and 359.999. But I’m trying to make it perform action (A) again when the dial hits 360. If this is exactly what you had in mind already, I’d love to see a video on how you’d do it. Thank you.