Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-03-2004 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber

dragon_freemovietut

so ok... I started today with the dragon_tut.... I needed to set up a image plane before begining with the viptut...

my problem:

If I want to put the lambertmaterial (dragonpicture) onto the plane with middle mouse... nothing happends !! I played the movie a couple a times and did just what kurt said but it doesn't seem to work! Is there anything I have to change with the settings or is this something me just being stupid ? user added image

I hope I made myself cleare with my poor english...
can anyone help me out ?

....can't wait to go on with the vip tuts..

greatZ RanSicK

ps .. Oh I allmost forgot to tell... I saw that kurt was using targa file and jpg was enclosed with the download.... I don't think that would make any difference but still maybe can this be the problem ?

# 2 03-03-2004 , 08:18 PM
Hit 6 after you in put the file on to your plane. Sounds like thats what it is. If not post a image so I can have a look see. Jpeg should be fine......

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 03-03-2004 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
jep! that seemed to be it! thankz Kurt.... now if you will excuse me.... I have a dragon to make! user added image

# 4 03-03-2004 , 08:46 PM
Good luck mate=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 03-03-2004 , 09:33 PM
Kevin
good luck from me 2 dude, look forward to seeing it...take your time and go back over bits... it will end the end look awesome

# 6 04-03-2004 , 04:30 PM
Subscriber
thankz!!

before I'll finisch the dragon user added image I have another question!

[to Kurt:]
When you come to the point to the jaw of the dragon from part 4...you extrude the selected faces from the upper jaw... you'll than erase the side faces but when I extrude the selected faces I see that I extrude every edge of every single face sothat I have to erase all that too!! Is there something in my settings that I should change ? I was just wondering how I can do that so easely as you do! Thank you! Iam enjoying your tutuser added image

# 7 04-03-2004 , 04:35 PM
Hi.... Under your modeling menu set go to polygons> tool options> check mark keep faces together. That will get all your selected edges together.

# 8 04-03-2004 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
yooohoo!!! thankzZz ...will keep on going user added image

# 9 06-03-2004 , 08:50 PM
Subscriber

so Im now on the next thread

I was just playing with some convertsettings to figureout what the differences were... and now I think I figured it all out but I have still one question about it...

I went from polygons to NURBS in the convertbox to put some isoparms and wanted to change back to polygonmode but the dragonhead was all split into about 120parts and now ..I want to combine it to one to convert it back to polygon...so can I do this or did I just do a stupid thing and have to start from scratch...because I allready saved the file...

greATZz

RanSicK

# 10 06-03-2004 , 09:11 PM
Opps ya might have to restart....

I never go back to nurbs once i convert to polys=).... you would need a really clean mesh with no wrinkels to get a nice nurbs surface again.. Once you convert to Poly use spliy polygon tool to start adding edges.

# 11 06-03-2004 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber

oopzz

well.... what did I learned from this........ NEVER act like a stupid...haha ok ..there I go again.. user added image :p