Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-09-2008 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber

itunes on 64bit XP windows?

hey guys, been googleing but cant really find anything about getting itunes version for 64bit xp windows ... anyone know anything about this?

possible or impossible?

# 2 04-09-2008 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
can't you run it in 32bit compatibility mode?

(random note: i find that people don't know how to spell "compatible", since everyone says the 't' as a 'd')

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 05-09-2008 , 01:37 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
(random note: i find that people don't know how to spell "compatible", since everyone says the 't' as a 'd')

I don't. I've always said it like this: com-pat-tib-bil

Does this mean I get a cookie? :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 4 05-09-2008 , 03:34 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
can't you run it in 32bit compatibility mode?

Theres a lot of people that cant spell, full stop.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 05-09-2008 , 06:22 AM
Subscriber
@ chirone - nah i seem to get an error when i install the 32bit version, though isnt 32bit .exe's ment to be able to work with 64bit, hmm ... ill post up the error msg in about half an hour from this post.

@ steve - lol tell me about it :p

# 6 05-09-2008 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
cool... i make a note about 'compatible' because it's a word that no one here pronounces correctly and no one can spell it correctly (i'm no exception until now...user added image )

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 7 05-09-2008 , 02:53 PM
Subscriber
never mind what i wrote...delete post

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 8 05-09-2008 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
here are the message errors i get,

when installing itunes:

Quicktime failed to initialize (error -2096)
Quicktime is required to run itunes. please reinstall itunes.

when installing quicktime:

Quicktime failed to initialize. error # -2096
Please make sure quicktime is properly installed on this computer

man this sucks ... lol

# 9 05-09-2008 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber
maybe quicktime and 64bit XP don't get along very well?

i installed quicktime on 64bit vista easy enough (i dont have an ipod, so i have no use for itunes) so it might be an XP thing

# 10 06-09-2008 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber
i had a lot of problems with many and i mean MNAY programs on 64 bit xp....thats why its best to use 32 bit xp or 64 vista....well depends on ur use for the computer but for me... a lot of my programs had those errors on 64 XP

Toyota Supra WIP

# 11 06-09-2008 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
@ chirone - yeah after reading so posts on forums, my ultimate thought is that itunes/quicktime works well with vista 64bit, though apple didnt didnt make it for 64bit xp for some reason ...

@ turbo - yeah pretty much the games i only play now suffer in 64bit xp i heard. yeah i been thinking about making the swap to 32bit but then just say i need 64bit things running etc, and with vista i gave it a thought but am abit iffy from the "rep" its built though one of my good friends dosnt have a single problem from what ived heard. what are you running atm?

also just a question, just say that my games are 64bit and i installed them in the program files 86x(32bit) folder, would that slow them down? ... i just found out today after one WHOLE year and a half that i need to put 64bit in program files not 86x(32bit) one

ps. if worse comes to worse, ill just have to install itunes on downstairs computer to sync my music to my ipod... gay

# 12 06-09-2008 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
weird... what about programs that install straight to the C: and refuse to move anywhere else? user added image

vista isn't really bad
the only problems i have with it is that i can't find everything that i could on XP and that some things take longer to do (like alt+ctrl+del, you have to go through an extra screen before you can get to the task manager, which is a real pain in the ass)
simple tasks like opening files with different programs or opening the command prompt take longer because you have to click more buttons, move the mouse more, and think more than what you really need to
in terms of usability vista is a lot harder to use than XP, i haven't had any problems with it not playing nice with memory or anything else.

i have a rant about it on the forums and it got moved to the technical issues user added image
also alexanderH has a rant about it too, but that was for a different purpose

# 13 06-09-2008 , 06:03 AM
Subscriber
well personally....when will you really need 64 bit.....hardly any if any programs use that much ram where u will need 64 bit with the exception od 3d software but unless you plan on making something huge...personally i havent noticed any difference.......but others might......just not a difference for me......actually.....i used xp 32 bit on my laptop which is my faster comp and my desktop i use 64 bit vista......and i havent had any problems with vista at all...i actually like it better because of the no problems....the only thing i dont like with vista is its memory usage....everything just seems slower but u can also turn all the interface options off and make it faster but then its like whats the point of even using vista then lol.......

Toyota Supra WIP

# 14 06-09-2008 , 08:36 AM
To get the 64bit version of iTunes I had to open Internet Explorer 64bit, then goto Apple to download it, then it noticed I was using a 64bit os, and gave me the 64bit iTunes.exe.
Worked flawlessly for me.

...I didn't need the iTunes part, just quicktime in my case, but try that.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 15 10-09-2008 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
@ chirone - read your rant about vista lol, sounds like abit of a hassle with some things

@ turbo - you got me thinking about why i even installed 64bit. i think i installed it so that i could see my "4gig" ram in my computer properties :p dam was that the only reason why i installed it!

"but u can also turn all the interface options off and make it faster but then its like whats the point of even using vista then lol......."

yeah, haha!

@ rage - hmm tried that but no success in, it detecting i was running a 64bit version. where bouts did it detect it threw the proccess? also did it just auto update, or did you have to download the actual installation file?