Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-03-2009 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber

Ragged Rendered Logo

Hi all,

I'm sorry but I'm very much a newbie in 3D that's why it's driving me nuts because I'm not in post production. I'm trying to make my logo in Maya and bevel it. I originally created it in Illustrator and imported it into Maya. I thought by bumping up the Curve Span all the way that it'd smooth it out there. Now as I said I'm new to Maya but have done a few things with it to know how to get around. Is there a good tutorial or something that I'm totally glossing over when building this logo to make it look more professional and less jagged?

I appreciate everyone's help!

# 2 12-03-2009 , 03:20 PM
The Nurb Herd
screenshots please...

also look up bevel plus.

# 3 12-03-2009 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
Yes, that's what I used for the bevel.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 12-03-2009 , 03:39 PM
The Nurb Herd
increase the number of samples in your anti-alias render options to something like ... 2

you should really know about anti-aliasing if you want to get into post production user added image

# 5 12-03-2009 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
I set the anti-aliasing higher under the Render Settings but it didn't do much of anything. Am I totally missing something when it comes to rendering? Thx and sorry for such a newbie question. I know how frustrating it is when you know a program so well and have to explain simple things.

# 6 12-03-2009 , 05:41 PM
I'm not at home so I can't test it out, but try playing around with the camera's clipping plane.

It's just a wild shot in the dark and the first thing that came to mind when I saw your screenshot.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention...If your camera has a really low clipping plane and a really high clipping plane, it can cause rendering artifacts to appear. If I remember right, it has something to do with the mathmatical equations trying to determine the dept if the clipping range is really far apart.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 12-03-2009 at 05:54 PM.
# 7 12-03-2009 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
I will try that. Thank you.