Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-04-2009 , 11:08 AM

Online tutorial - really trying to find it again

Hello,

I used to have it bookmarked but rebuilt my computer, forgot to save the reference, and can't find it again.

I was short and contained only text and images (no video). The creator had built a set that was like a feudal japanese village, with some wood and paper houses, paper lanterns and a stone bridge.

The tutorial itself wasn't all that detailed and I think focussed on lighting and possibly GI, and a little mention of materials/textures.

I originally found it by searching for "maya lighting tutorials" or "maya global illumination tutorials" but despite spending all morning trying to find it, I can't (though I've found every other one I had bookmarked).

I'd really like to find it again - if anyone is familiar with it/has it saved, could they let me know? I wanted to use the images as some lighting and modelling ref since they are quite nice.

cheers

gubar