Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-04-2006 , 01:17 PM

Reference Image Importation for cartoon dog tutorial.

Hi,

It is probably an easy fix but I can't seem to find it and looking through all of the forums hasn't seemed to help. I was hoping not to have to post to a forum this early in my learning curve but hmmm..

I am trying to do Kurts cartoon dog tutorial. When I load up the plane with the dog picture it is fine in the perspective view but when he tells me to change to the side view it is no longer visible.

I have done and redone the tutorial up to that point a number of times and it is always the same thing. Am I missing something or have I accidentally turned something on/off that has caused it to stuff up?

Sorry if this is a stupid question..

Thanks heaps in advance.

Trin

# 2 12-04-2006 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
go to your side view and press "6" on your keyboard, that should switch from wireframe view to textures.

# 3 12-04-2006 , 10:45 PM
Hrmm, now I wish I hadn't of posted to the forum..

I 'must' have tried that.. but obviously not user added image Thanks heaps for your help. Worked perfectly.

*decides will not post to forum again until dog is finished* user added image

# 4 12-04-2006 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
I actually wanted to tell you in the first place. But I think if you feel stuck, did some research and still can't find a sollution you should post! Maya isn't exactly Microsoft Paint. It has so many buttons and windows that even simple things are not easy to find.

So don't feel bad asking questions, because you might regret it.user added image

# 5 13-04-2006 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber
you should also post your dog pic ...gives you motivation plus other people to comment and help you along the way. no question is ever stupid ...plus someone mgiht know a quicker and easier way to help out .

good example.

i was working on project and got it finished ..didnt ask questions and people on here found major flaw but since i was almost done i didnt catch it and had to start all over ...people on here have helped me but I am still very new also

# 6 13-04-2006 , 01:34 PM
Thank you for all your support and encouragement. When I have something half decent to look at I will post it.

Haha that actually sounded confident :p

I am sure once my confidence level rises a bit I will be happy to show my work for comments and as my responses have been positive so far it has made me feel better about showing my work in progress.

Ouch, I can imagine that would have really sucked having to start all over again.. I can see your point about getting other opinions for sure!

Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate it user added image