Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-09-2008 , 03:48 AM
Subscriber

First 3D character head WIP

Hello thought I'd put a WIP of my first character head I have designed and made. As you can see I was making it in PLE and I have just brought Maya 8.5, so gonna have to start again. I suppose its practice. I am happy with the way its going, but when I remake it I want it to be more like the original design, simpler.
Last thing I done was the orc tutorial, maybe I need to take a more simpler approach, and does anyone know a good way to get the mouth which wraps right around the face?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2008 , 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Not bad for a first shot at your own design. The sketch reminds me of a sort of cartoon tiki statue. The lips for the model are kinda boxy and flat, it just doesn't look a lot like the ref.

- Genny
# 3 14-09-2008 , 02:13 PM
Subscriber
do you get a free upgrade to the next version since you bought it close to the 2009 release date?

that's a pretty creepy fellow you got there user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 14-09-2008 , 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Chirone
do you get a free upgrade to the next version since you bought it close to the 2009 release date?

that's a pretty creepy fellow you got there user added image

Dont think so, only if your a full subscriber to Autodesk can you get the upgrades, or pay of course.

Also 2008's the most recent release.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle