Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-10-2003 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber

That big first step ...

Im planning to go on a propper computer modeling/animation course at the beginning of next year but don't like the idea of spending 3 years at uni.

I have found this college in London as was wondering if anyone had heard of it www.escapestudios.co.uk

On another note, what other colleges would people out there recomend. What places did you guys goto, im just starting to get into the world of 3D stuff and need a bit of guidence.

_LIVID

# 2 14-10-2003 , 10:51 PM
Why dont you wanna go to university. Dont expect to take a couple of 4 week course's and jump straight into the industery.

Escape Studios wouldn't be bad (despite the cost) but if i were going down the education route, i would invest in the university time.

Me, i'm planning on doing some a 1yr traditional animation course then maybe a traditional art course/fine art degree and finally a BA or MA at Bournemout Uni.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 15-10-2003 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber
I'm planning (at this stage) on doing a 3yr Bachelor of the Arts in Multimedia Design. It should give me a nice background knowledge of the industry and techniques, but will also alow me to choose a focus on 3D computer animation.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 4 15-10-2003 , 12:33 PM
Having a degree is never superfluous. It can actually help you get a decent job while waiting for what you want. I know if I were looking at two candidates, whose experience and portfolios were equal, I would hire the one with the training behind him.

# 5 15-10-2003 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
I don't have a problem with Uni, it's just that I don't want to spending 3 years doing a course that might only touch on what I want to do. I would much rather spend the money and do a course where im spending every day learning something I really want to know. This will be intensive all day training.

I know that it's not just a case of doing a 8-9 week course and 'bingo' im a computer animatior, but at the moment all I want to do is learn Maya.

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 6 15-10-2003 , 10:23 PM
Well if you go to uni pick a course that want and would be doing what you want all the time.

JB: Multimedia Design really isn't focused on 3D. There may be some elements of the course, but overall it dosent feature that much.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 7 15-10-2003 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
Like I said, all I want to do at the mo is learn about Maya. I haven;t found a uni course that is pure Maya. It's also about having the time to spend doing stuff like uni.

For me right now, time is more valuable to me than money

_LIVID

P.S. Very interesting to see poeple views about this

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog