Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 03-02-2004 , 09:25 AM
Yes is me again......
Well I just finished my model and to link with bones........
But I still need to fix some envolment in each bones and after that I have to (I really don't want to but) start to mapping....and put some texture on it.......
For now just a review of my model without texture and with many bones link unfixed.........
But the final scene with texture and all the bones envolvement I will just show when is everything done......
I still have to mold his weapon...........I don't wanna make just a normal "katana" japanese sword so any suggestion once again is complete welcome.........
People in this competition is making a lot of hyper tecno weapons machines....So I have to make a sword what is for same...
A hi-tec sword...

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 03-02-2004 , 01:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice going. user added image

Don't feel you have to make a hi-tech weapon if you don't want to.

# 33 05-02-2004 , 05:20 PM

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 34 05-02-2004 , 07:48 PM
* Dirack dies *

# 35 05-02-2004 , 07:57 PM
i love budk. Got 2 of my sword sets from them.

Anyway. If you want something not as traditional. You could always have some sort of freaky design sword that might glow or something, a lightsaber style.

Or if you dont want a sword you could try maybe a kama, or staff, your charactor would look pretty good with dual kamas in my opinion. And they would be easy to model.

# 36 05-02-2004 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Stunning modelling mate, can't wait to see it all textured up.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 37 05-02-2004 , 08:40 PM
kinda glad your norm. Ide hate to have to be judged vs you.

# 38 05-02-2004 , 11:16 PM
first of all I have to thanks Mr. Bojangles

u definitily gaves me a nice idea of what I was thinking......but after I'd cheked the site u told me .......I'm quite worry about u and Twisted.......hey hey boys take it easy......
Lonepig, thanks that u like it......I will reply my new work as soon as possible......
Now twisted....I have looking your work quite frequently and your machine in my opnion is it nice ........but now I fill just a little bit sad to see his weapon......
To be a robot I prefer the weapons set up into the body....like machine guns and some blades coming from some articulation.....in my opinion........
about my level skills I don't consider myself as norm even in 3d Max.......I just changed to norm because I want to my character fight with one cyborg what use a mask with one ball in the middle I forgot the name.......anyway......your project is not so diferent than mine......is just diferent style......in my case I spend most of the time moving dot by dot......until get the shape what I like.....is boring work but if u wanna get there I think u need to across this kind of stuff.......
Now u I belive that u work more in solid modeling leaving the shape more flat.....u know what I mean.......
Just work in the best way u think that it is.......but never give up or leave it before get exactly what u want ..........so if u'r not satisfied with some think do it again.......
I needed to break in parts my character 5 times until the bones get in the right position......
Anyway in the future u will find me in your way.....until there I wish all the best for all the competitor.....for u Twist....I had seen that u'r working quite hard so I hope u get winner....after me offcourse....he he.....

# 39 05-02-2004 , 11:48 PM
I agree with you about my charctors weapon. I decided a staff, although it was going to be failry futuristic... wasnt right, and since ive alteres the arms, legs, joints. Actually i deleted the arms and legs leaving the hands and feet. And rewoprked them.

Witht he new armor i plan on having blades come from the wrist area. And some sort of back weapon, possibly a palidin or linear cannonuser added image

# 40 06-02-2004 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
aaahhhhh... this is really some nice work. What’s the poly count ? and can we see a wire again of the full length ?

# 41 06-02-2004 , 02:25 AM
Yah! Great character! I like the 'look at me clench my hands in rage' pose user added image

# 42 06-02-2004 , 02:55 AM
i always prefered the "If you attack im gunna be mad" poseuser added image

# 43 06-02-2004 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
Astonishing model, I have to say…
Great job!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 44 06-02-2004 , 05:37 PM
haha, glad to help mate, but dont worry bout me user added image

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 45 06-02-2004 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber