Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-04-2003 , 02:44 AM

GI_Joe for OS X?

I read somewhere here that to get GI_Joe to work in os X, you had to change a couple things. Is there anyone out there that has a working copy of GI_Joe on OS X? Would like to upload it to SM or even upload it to me? I would like to get it, cuz it seems to output pretty crazy renders. Thx ppls

==why is it snowing rain?==

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 2 29-04-2003 , 02:55 AM
You can get it at the developers site at:

https://www.pixho.com

...however, i do not know if it works on a Mac, but who knowsuser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 01-05-2003 , 12:46 AM
that one doesn't work for OS X, i need one that has been altered for OS X. Anyone have it? I know someone must have it! Mental ray is starting to piss me off since it is so freaking slow.. but the image is so freaking good.. lol

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 4 08-05-2003 , 09:05 PM

GI_Joe on os X

I'm very interested in getting it on Mac os X too! I basically work on still Photo realistic renderings for print...

Thanks!

# 5 10-05-2003 , 09:25 AM
GI_Joe works fine on OSX. Just make sure you follow the directions exactly. You need to change line 57 in GI_Joe.mel to point to GIJoe.lights in your scripts directory. The line should look something like this:

Code:
string $pathL = "/Users/danny/Library/Preferences/AliasWavefront/maya/scripts/GIJoe.lights";
I used BBEdit to modify the mel script since it has line numbering built in. However, any text editor should work just fine.

The rest of the directions works just fine. Also, if you want to use the shelf button icon, you need to convert it to an XPM file using GraphicConverter. Maya for OSX does not recognize other image formats for shelf buttons. To save you some time, I've attached it to this post.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job

Last edited by dannyngan; 10-05-2003 at 09:29 AM.
# 6 10-05-2003 , 09:29 AM
Here's the zip file. Apparently, attachments disappear if I edit a post. :p

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job