Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-11-2013 , 06:29 PM
Lifetime Member

Rigging and or modeling problem I need help with

I have an assignment due in a few days. I have a rigged and modeled fish. However when I select the fish to move him, the rig and the fish move...except the fish's eyelids. Now. This is a purchased fish for a Maya I class. We were told to find a free model, or pay for a model on a place like TurboSquid.

I did the latter. I need help on how to get the eyelids attached to my model, so they move along with the model. Here are two pics of the Fish.

If someone could help me figure this out...I would really appreciate it. Thanksuser added image

PS. By the way, all of the model's copyright info was made available to my professor, so I made sure the author of this Fish got full credituser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-11-2013 , 08:12 PM
the first thing i think about is that joints which move eyelids are not connected to the main skeleton.

# 3 10-11-2013 , 11:29 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

the first thing i think about is that joints which move eyelids are not connected to the main skeleton.

What this guy said. If the eyelids have joints you need to parent them to an appropriate place on the fish's skeleton (a joint in the head somewhere, so the eyelids move with the head) and if not you need to parent the eyelids themselves to the skeleton.
I can't remember which way around it is, but you either need to select the joint and then the eyelids and go to edit -> parent (or just press 'p'), or select the eyelids and then the joint and then parent.

# 4 10-11-2013 , 11:38 PM
Lifetime Member

Thanks, guys.

What this guy said. If the eyelids have joints you need to parent them to an appropriate place on the fish's skeleton (a joint in the head somewhere, so the eyelids move with the head) and if not you need to parent the eyelids themselves to the skeleton.
I can't remember which way around it is, but you either need to select the joint and then the eyelids and go to edit -> parent (or just press 'p'), or select the eyelids and then the joint and then parent.

Yeah, I am trying to do that stuff now...Thanks for the help guysuser added image

# 5 10-11-2013 , 11:47 PM
Lifetime Member

Christ...what a simple fix

Yeah, I am trying to do that stuff now...Thanks for the help guysuser added image

Thanks guys, That was a real simple fix...I am a little embarrassed nowuser added image

# 6 12-11-2013 , 08:18 AM
grouping them both and moving the group would work?

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^