SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / When rendering with Hardware no image...

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

30-01-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
tank2002

When rendering with Hardware no image...
Hi guys,

Basically when rendering a scene using software it comes out great, but when i switch to hardware i only see black.

Other times on other scenes is just look like no texture was apply to the models very crude...

I have a nvidia 750 (maya certified) video card.

Does hardware rendering is apply ONLY to particles or stuff like that? not to render a scene?

Thanks in advance
30-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
mrmacca
Subscriber

By a 750 i presume you mean Quadro? Yeah it is specifically for particles unless you have a newer card that supports hardware rendering in Maya 5 like the Quadro fx line.
31-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
Pony
Subscriber

You can hardware render more than particles. even in 4.5

tank are you covering up the Hrender window any? if that window is covered buy any other window it will not show thoughs frames in the files.
31-01-2004, 12:37 AM   #4
mrmacca
Subscriber

Yes you can but there's little point. There's lots of things that won't be rendered correctly. Try any scene for example with a chrome shader, it'll render black. True hardware rendering for anything other than particles didn't come into place until maya 5 and you need the latest graphics cards for them to work. I do take your point though, shouldn't just be getting a black screen though.

What i'm trying to say is to get full hardware rendering of scenes rather than just particles you need to be using the newer cards with programable processing units, like the fx or wildcat. Otherwise you should really be using software.

Last edited by mrmacca; 31-01-2004 at 01:23 AM.
02-02-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
tank2002

Thanks Guys!