SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Where is my translation handle?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

16-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
JNN

Where is my translation handle?
Yesterday, for some unknown reason, my translation handle vanished in maya. I have not been able to get it to come back. By translation handle I am referring to the "X,Y,Z" widget that appears on objects when you hit "T". My scale and rotation widgets appear fine, but for some reason the translation one is lost. I'd rather not have to delete my prefs to get this back. Is there a shortcut that I inadvertently hit to hide it?

-John
16-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Chirone
Subscriber

maybe you made it really small....? hit the + key on your keypad

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
16-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
tweetytunes
Subscriber

do you just have grey lines when you press the "W" key ??

I had a problem with that the other week - it was a driver problem.
16-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
JNN

Thanks for the tips...I ended up just deleting my prefs But I'll have to try hitting "+" next time first. Maya can be very strange sometimes...
03-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Adornellas

Here's how I get them to come back.
It happens to me occasionally, which probably means I *should* delete my prefs, but I get them to come back by using the MMB slider tool on one of the axes inputs in the channel box.