Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-05-2005 , 06:44 AM

Texture and text question

Hello all,

I'm stumped on how to give text different textures -

eg: I want to have the faces one colour and the bevel or the side of the text another colour. :headbang:

Please for the love of mike...........someone enlighten me with there wisdom!

Hope you can help

mmmmm........delicious
# 2 21-05-2005 , 07:13 AM
you should be able to seperately select the face and the bevel or side. then you can apply color or texture or whatever to each part. if for some reason you can't select just the face or just the side...i don't know what your settings were or how you made it, but if you draw the text as a curve, planar it, then bevel that, it should give you different selectable parts.

hope that helps.

# 3 22-05-2005 , 12:07 AM
so you need to create the text in separate parts?

will this work if you create the text with bevelplus?

mmmmm........delicious
# 4 22-05-2005 , 02:44 AM
Once you have created your next 3D, you can select differente faces, assuming you chose to make your 3D object out of polygons. Go to you hypershade, and create a new material. Then with it still open, select the faces, say on the side, that are of that particular color. Right click on that material in the hyperhade, and click, 'assign to selected.' Do this for all that different parts.

David