Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-07-2003 , 04:17 AM

Newb (yet another..) question on attaching handle to coffee cup (using polygons)

Hello everyone user added image. I'm new to the boards. Found it out by checking out Mike McKinley's website and tutorials (great tutorials by the way) and he suggested checking this place out. I'm glad I did because I've learned more from these two sites then i Have from most others!

Anyway, I'm pretty new to Maya and the whole 3d CG thing. Started actually working in it a month and a half ago. Got done with this Maya 4.5 Fundamentals book (fantastic book) and decided to get my feet wet by trying to make something on my own.. I Couldn't figure out what to make, so I just started with something simple.. my Starbucks coffee cup user added image..

Ive been working on this coffee cup for ever now (learning by doing kind of method)..tried using alot of different things (which i probably didn't use correctly anyway) and still haven't got the look I wanted. I posted a screenshot of my low-poly coffee cup and handle.. I was wondering if you guys could give me any insight on what you guys would do to attach these together and get a realistic, seemless touch to it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. .Thanks user added image

user added image

P.S.. Sorry If something similar has been posted, I looked around and couldn't really find something that quite fit what I was trying, but did help.

eat the corn--
# 2 19-07-2003 , 08:35 AM
actually, seems as though i figured it out.. The answer was just more patience user added image.

I ended up using Maya's tools to make sure I had only 3 sided/4 sided faces..and then tweaking the results to fix whatever problems that caused

Anyway, I think ive gotten the look that I want for the model of the cup so far. Makes me laugh, because no matter how hard i work on something, as soon as i post my problem on a forum I find a solution user added image ..

eat the corn--