Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-02-2003 , 07:38 AM

Batch Render Problem

I am a serious newb to Maya, I know Lightwave but not Maya. I am having trouble rendering my seen with the batch. When I select batch render, it doesn't give me the chance to save. When I tried it the first time and it attempted to render all 900 frames but I canceld it to complete the tutorial and add some colored cloud particles to the exhast (directional) and did some more key framing and now when I attempt to render it will Only render one frame and not the whole animation. I know how to fix this problem quick like in LW but not in Maya please help me.

# 2 14-02-2003 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
What u need to do mate is open the Render Globals. To do this u go to the Windows>Rendering Editors>Render Globals. Here u can set save file settings as necessary and u can set various other variables to enhance ur output.

You then batch render afterwards user added image

# 3 14-02-2003 , 11:36 AM
Download Mikes tutorial on rendering from the tutorial section user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 14-02-2003 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Deffinently download Mike's tutorials likez1mmnd14 says. Along side of that, you should also be aware of what happens to your renders when you're batch rendering. Here's how it works. When you batch render, Maya is rendering one frame at a time and storing the images in a folder somewhere on your computer. If you have batch rendered several times, but haven't been able to access your render afterwards, it's because you don't know where they are. By default (I think) Maya directs the files to My Documents>maya>projects>default>images or some folder inside the default section. Anyhow, what you need to do is set up another place to send your rendered images during batch render. I created a folder on my desktop for them, but you may want to do differently. Once you have choosen a file to send the images to, you need to tell Maya to do that. Choose File>Project>Set... A browse window will come up. Select the file and click OK. Now all your rendered images during Batch Render will go there.

As said before, watch Mike's tutorial for info on the best settings for Render Globals. If you don't know already, Render Globals greatly effects you batch renders in size, quality, everything basically.