Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-05-2013 , 03:22 PM

Animation in timelines

I was wondering how I can make an animation of an animal birth, its for an app. So within a 24 hr period you can view the egg growing with the little critter inside animated. So within 24 hr it grows and also on a loop wriggles around, opens mouth etc. So In the timeline at each keyframe can one put a separate animation attached. What would be the best way?.

# 2 01-05-2013 , 04:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
It probably depends on how the app is being built. I would not render out a 24 hour animation from maya. Render out short animations to be put on a loop within the app and also render out transition clips from one stage to the next. That's probably how I would do it if the app is using straight video.

# 3 01-05-2013 , 04:25 PM
I would use loops and yes I think also that is what I will have to do. I was thinking that maybe there was a better way to do it in Maya. The hatching process takes 24 hours but will be done with loops. I only got Maya yesterday (: So new question , I am looking for people to help design a Tamogotchi/Pokemon type app game anyone want in?.

# 4 01-05-2013 , 04:30 PM
EduSciVis-er
What are you building the app in? Cause you can't do it just in maya. Sounds like a cool project.

# 5 01-05-2013 , 04:37 PM
I have adobe packages and just bought flash builder.

# 6 01-05-2013 , 04:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, I think you would want to do all your loop control and queuing of transition animations in flash then.