Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-07-2013 , 11:40 PM

Simple questions relating animation in maya

Hello there,

I am kinda an experienced XSI user for a long time and wanted to take a look at Maya over the few years and I got some issues that I did not understand along the way and hopefully I can get some answers in here.

First of all I don't know how to look at an objects global coordinates and local coordinates at the same time. In XSI upon switching local and global it will give you the desired coordinates

Second one is when using the animation layers Gimbal lock problems start to appear more frequently and I couldn't get them disappear by simply forcing them to Euler angles and don't know other ways to eliminate them. In XSI I use dual quaternion Ice compounds to get them disappear or simply convert the rotations to Euler again.

I hope I could explain my problems clearly