Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 06-08-2006 , 07:30 PM
Dude!!! Thats so awesome. You totally just got me to start Maya again...I wanna make a cool robot!!!!

# 32 06-08-2006 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
tadpoles robot was a tutorial in 3dplace. if you want to make a "cool" robot i would suggest to that one. it is rather cool (i put a screenshot of it). i dont know if you actually make the flag and seleton. click here
to get to the tutorials menu. click on maya then scroll down till you find "The Dreadnought Tutorial for Maya - Beginner to Intermediate."
hope that is what your looking for. :nod:

Attached Thumbnails

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 33 07-08-2006 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
glad your in the know 13th. but the second one is all my own work. OK!
the tutorial on 3d-palace is all good but i scrapped it cause it looks sooooo slow. I forgot to ask you to join in coldfire it's tonnes of fun but i suggest you don't do the same robot i did. I will post an update as soon as i cba to open maya again.

Last edited by tadpole3159; 07-08-2006 at 04:53 PM.
# 34 08-08-2006 , 12:48 AM
where is this battle taking place?

And can anyone join?

user added image, i havent made a mech in quite a while.

# 35 08-08-2006 , 07:53 AM
Subscriber
may was well take place here and any one can join in just start making!! and then we could make a animation of them fighting or just show them off, to show i'm a better modeler than all of you :nod:

# 36 12-08-2006 , 05:56 PM
i've been trying to post these pics since the last two days and i'm glad that sm is back! :attn: so heres my booster add on thanks to 13th resident for the idea.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 37 13-08-2006 , 12:54 AM
Subscriber
i have been trying to get on here as well, glad it's back started textureing now c's & c's welcome
trust me he will look alot better when he is all textured
user added image
and tada it's all textured and stuff, your going down!
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by tadpole3159; 13-08-2006 at 07:28 AM.
# 38 13-08-2006 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber
ive been watching this thread for a while an theres some nice work goin on!!!#

if i was to put money on a wiiner at the mo it would be nightz9 just cos i love the look of it an it looks like it would kill evr1 else

soz tadpole but it looks too slow to me but still nice ideas in there too

keep em goin

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 39 13-08-2006 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
hahahaha MECH WARS! stunning job, best mech ived seen so far

# 40 13-08-2006 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by marlonjohn
hahahaha MECH WARS! stunning job, best mech ived seen so far

you mean mine right user added image i am gonna rig him and animate him to show just how fast he is, he has a special weapon to get him around fast. and in the animation he will crush my old robot :blush: i have moved on

# 41 15-08-2006 , 11:58 AM
cold fire: thanks! user added image and yeah you should and make a robot to join us :attn: .

tadpole: uh oh i dunno how to texture lol so you got me there haha and we'll see who's going down user added image . marlonjohn must mean me! hahaha and you know since you've made a new robot i have to put another against it hehe, i had a one in mind but it'll take too long so i'll make a quicker one user added image and as for animation haha i'm trying that too and working with dynamics and stuff for a better animation.

pbman: thanks pbman user added image, theres more models to come hehe because the more he make ithe more i'll make and that goes for thers too lol.

marlonjohn: hope it's mines your talking about :attn: .

# 42 15-08-2006 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
how do you not know how to texture, there is a stunning tutorial on this site. by Michael Mckinley he textures a game character but i can't find it now user added image find finding it it's supper cool and free

# 43 18-08-2006 , 09:44 AM
sadly i don't know user added image but i will check out that tutorial once i find hehe and in about 2 to 3 days i'll be finished with another mech and so much for my do it in 7 days lol oh well couple days over user added image cuz tha 20th my birthday so i'mma chill and take it easy that day cuz lately i only been having about 3 to 4 hours a day of maya and that's at night really when i'm sleepy lol but since i'm here i'll show a little something (blacked out picture) to show you what you might be up against user added image, you know i had to make something to kill your new mech lol.

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 18-08-2006 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
wow it was my birthday on the 17th of august im 17 now user added image. not an other robot :headbang: i now have a tablet for my pc and am playin around with that any way thats my excuse for no updates . it's all rigged but i aint a good rigger so no animation any more. oh and i have the orc tutorial from here to practise so there wont be any updates for a while (bout a week or 2). osz bout this i will add weapons and go into overdrive modeling after i have finished the lipsync of the orc

# 45 19-08-2006 , 09:43 AM
haha thats wierd because i'm 20 on the 20th now lol. yep another robot and this going to be a flying one too hehe, and it's all good and i need a new desktop. i'mma try and give animation on one of my mechs probally the newer one i'm going to show since i'm tying tolearn another 3d application right now as well. goodluck with the orc i'll be looking out for your newest work user added image. i havn't even started metal gear ray that i wanted to model so i have to go into overdrive too but i have many more mechs to get around to hehe. i'm going to try and get my newest one out tomorrow or later today because i hate replying with no new pics user added image.