Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-07-2008 , 10:01 AM

Lightning crashes my batchrender in 25 frames

dear reader,

i use some lightning in my scene

www.ieoie.nl/downloads/48_01.jpg

3 different lightnings
made from 1 lightning 12 instances
from the other 2 lightnings i made 2x30 instances

i also animated those lightning
they grow verticaly.......

there are some other objects in the file also.....

when batch rendering my system crashes every time when i render it with the lightnings (around 25 frames)

without lightnings the scene is batchrendered correctly

i found out through my task manager while batch rendering only the lighning, my memory (2048mb) get eaten bit by bit till the system crashed cause of no memory left

normaly when starting to render the next frame, in task manager the memory gets back to its minimum and starts over and over again from its minimum, with this lightning he counts it up?????

when i batch render it without lightnings there is no problem

i hope some one can help me on this one......

Attached Thumbnails

The Universe is larger then you ever can think, But smaller then the size of your imagination.

all are welcome at www.ieoie.nl
# 2 06-07-2008 , 08:17 PM
Super Moderator
I had a kinda similar issue where Maya would start up and just keep eating RAM until it brought the system down, but that was when my video card RAM was crapping out, so it could or could not be hardware issues, run a check.

- Genny
# 3 07-07-2008 , 12:05 AM
It may be no a good one, but something pretty similar happened to me... I got a 256 video card and just 1Gb of RAM (pretty poor isn't it?), so when I try batch render my system crash...

What I did was, bacth render part by part my scene, so I render 10 by 10 my frames And so, I batch render my scene... It may help you if you are in a hurry...

Another thing, I don't know how much does history on objects affect the bacth rendering, so try to remofe all the history from them before start the bacth rendering.

Hope it works...

Sry for the other post... didn't realize that I post a new Thread.. :headbang:

# 4 07-07-2008 , 05:43 AM

Originally posted by GecT
I had a kinda similar issue where Maya would start up and just keep eating RAM until it brought the system down, but that was when my video card RAM was crapping out, so it could or could not be hardware issues, run a check.

when i run my scene without the lightning in the batch render there is no problem....

thx for thinking with me...

kind regards.....

The Universe is larger then you ever can think, But smaller then the size of your imagination.

# 5 07-07-2008 , 05:52 AM

Originally posted by hidekiw
It may be no a good one, but something pretty similar happened to me... I got a 256 video card and just 1Gb of RAM (pretty poor isn't it?), so when I try batch render my system crash...

What I did was, bacth render part by part my scene, so I render 10 by 10 my frames And so, I batch render my scene... It may help you if you are in a hurry...

Another thing, I don't know how much does history on objects affect the bacth rendering, so try to remofe all the history from them before start the bacth rendering.

Hope it works...

Sry for the other post... didn't realize that I post a new Thread.. :headbang:

the one gig is a beginning, you might think of buying 1 gig extra
they are very cheap at the moment with this vista story.....

i always use a .bat file for rendering in this way i startup the batch renderer without running maya....

saves up the 500 mb maya uses......
you might have something on this one.....

https://www.jawa9000.com/Technical/ba...-rendering.htm

the clearing of the histories i will do and see what happens

i think it has something to do with shading networks, what i do not know.....
i keep up testing and see if this keeps happening
and otherwise the 25 frsames per session might be a solution

thx for thinking with me guys

let me see this delete history is an answer.....