Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-03-2011 , 08:31 PM

oops. Cut leaves hole. Hole to close?

@#$#. I've remade this item 4 times so far trying to get geometry that bevels nicely. Anyway, I made a cut and edited the object in side view unaware that the cut leaves a hole. How can I close this?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-03-2011 , 08:45 PM
EduSciVis-er
There's a number of ways. You could select all surrounding edges (double click on edge) and Mesh > Fill Hole, then re-introduce the divisions with the split poly tool. Or you could select the top three edges on both sides and use the bridge tool with 0 divisions, finishing up with the holes on each side with Mesh > Fill Hole. I'm sure there's other methods, but give one of those a try.

# 3 25-03-2011 , 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Extrude those edges across and run a merge vert to seal it up.

Attached Images

- Genny
# 4 25-03-2011 , 08:53 PM
EduSciVis-er
Or you could bridge all edges across and then merge the two side edges. Plenty of good options user added image