Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-01-2003 , 09:19 AM

Maya 4.5 Savvy out!

Just noticed the Maya 4.5 Savvy book is finally out user added image. You'll find more info and even a sample chapter at https://www.sybex.co.uk/ user added image.

user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 27-01-2003 at 11:29 PM.
# 2 27-01-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
Are you sure it's been released? Amazon.co.uk shows a dispatch time of 3 to 5 weeks, a little unusual. Amazon.com shows Still not published.

# 3 27-01-2003 , 10:47 PM
I wonder how much of it is geared towards 4.5 exclusive features.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 27-01-2003 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Yes this book is out I have seen it. It is a great book. We looked over it at our Club Maya meeting last week.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 27-01-2003 , 11:20 PM
Is it worth picking up for 4.0 users?

# 6 27-01-2003 , 11:27 PM
user added image I just broke my back wheel for my bike and had to spend basically all my money on a new one! if it werent for that, i would have bought this book!

:argue:

# 7 27-01-2003 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
yes it is worth picking up even if you own 4.0. Even 4.0 has alot of the same features. so you will be able to follow along.

Book Description
Maya is an essential tool for creating cutting-edge 3D animation and special effects. Today, it's used by everyone from students and advertising firms, to game companies and elite film houses such as Industrial, Light & Magic, Pixar, and Disney.
Written by a top-notch team of Maya professionals, Maya Savvy is a thorough update to the best-selling Mastering Maya 3. It delivers the most comprehensive coverage available for Alias/Wavefront's extraordinarily powerful software. Key topics include: Modeling with NURBs and polygons; creating realistic textures and shading; and working with particles, dynamics, and MEL.

Maya Savvy also features hands-on tutorials that integrate Maya instruction with real-world advice on planning, organizing, and managing your Maya creations. A full-color insert illustrates the techniques discussed in the book. And the enclosed CD adds a 3D gallery plus a collection of demos and plug-ins

Like all Savvy books, Maya Savvy is printed on quality, coated paper for crisp image reproduction.

From the Author
In this newly revised, Alias|Wavefront approved book, we have brought together years of animation and teaching experience to produce a book that will take you from where you are--be it beginner or expert--to a new level of comfort and understanding of Maya.

In addition to its new, high-quality layout and feel, we've included much new material, including a chapter on Maya Unlimited's exciting new Fluids tool, and have placed a copy of Maya Personal Learning Edition (for Mac and Windows) right on... read more

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 8 27-01-2003 , 11:54 PM
I still think the Maya Fundamentals series has the right idea including video tut's to follow along with the book. Galleries, demos, etc....you can usually find all that online but I'll still take a peek when it hits Barnes and Noble.

# 9 28-01-2003 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
I see Barnes and noble show it as in stock, Amazon still states Not yet publsihed.

# 10 28-01-2003 , 05:03 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dbirider
user added image I just broke my back wheel for my bike and had to spend basically all my money on a new one! if it werent for that, i would have bought this book!
:argue:

if you werent jumping on that Trash can maybe you weren't gonna brake it :p user added image

-Emo

# 11 03-02-2003 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber
Just bought it 3 days ago but havent had a chance to read it yet. At first glance it looks pretty damn good.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 12 03-02-2003 , 05:50 PM

Maya Savvy OR Maya 4.5 Funadamentals ?

Anyone have an opinion on which of these two books is better, or are they much of the same?
Maya Savvy or Maya 4.5 Fundamentals....

# 13 03-02-2003 , 11:08 PM
i just ordered it from amazon a few days ago! The price was 18$ cheaper then my local barns and nobles, and i get free shipping and no tax :banana: