Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-02-2021 , 11:14 PM

Edited UVs distorts texture

Hi everyone! I´m having a problem with a mesh I´ve modeled and unwrapped its UVs. In the UV Editor shows fine, but in the rendered version, it gets distorted in a weird way unless I don´t smooth it. It´s the first time it happends to me. I´m using Maya 2014. Here are the snapshots of the UV editor and the render test I made. See the dashed line distortion I pointed.
user added image

user added image

Again, never happened before. I made the UVs and after I smooth the mesh to render with Mental Ray, the UVs were fine. I already try to Smooth Mesh instead of the preview subdivision level, with no luck. Any advise will be really apreciated. Thanx in advance from Argentina.