Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-02-2005 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber

Selection Statistics???

Hi,
I am an Ultra Newb here. I just purchased the MAYA Complete 6.5 Productivity pack from ALIAS so expect to see alot more of me here.

I am playing with the MAYA 6 PLE until my software arrives and I prepping upwith some tutorials and such. I have experience with LW and others. I am wondering if there is a selection statistics panel someplace. There must be. I am looking for something that says how many points or polys or whatever I have selected.

I have turned on the Heads up display, but no matter how many points or polys I select, it says 1. I would assume this is where I would see the proper number of my selection? Is this a glitch perhaps with the PLE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

# 2 06-02-2005 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
In the display menu, turn on the Heads-up display.

That should give you the information you're looking for...
Polys, vertices, tris, etc.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 06-02-2005 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
Thats what I thought and what I wrote in my post.
No matter how many points, or faces I select, it still says I have 1 selected.

# 4 07-02-2005 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
Had to go back and take a look. There are multiiple options you can turn on and off in the heads up display. If you select the flyout arrow you can see which option are on. Make sure the poly count option is on. If I understand correctly, what you're looking at is the object details display. Hope that helps.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."