Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-04-2005 , 12:23 AM

Problem with Nurbs -> Poly & Poly -> SubDiv

How would I go about fixing these images? For the top image I used the curves tool and created a loft surface. I then extruded the face of it, then turned it into a polygon. How would i get those few blocks in there to blend?

For the second image, I just modified the Poly into a SubDiv. How would i go about getting rid of those bumps?

user added image

user added image

# 2 27-04-2005 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Click on the object
go to the history, click on the particular extrude and make sure that Keep Faces Together at the bottom of the options is turned ON.

# 3 27-04-2005 , 06:29 AM
awesome thanks alot! user added image

# 4 27-04-2005 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber
one thing you might want to do from here on out is go to your Modelling menu set by hitting F3, then go to the Polygons menu and then down to Tool Options and select Keep Faces Together that way you don't have to go into the history