Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-11-2009 , 05:30 AM
Subscriber

HELP!?

I dont know what I hit, but when i right click and select vertices.. the lines turn to a rainbow curve.. <on curve lines>

On objects, such as square (polys) and nurb spheres. the thing turn yellow-orange color.. and it ties everything tighter together.. so you cant pull just 1 vertice it will pull them all and stretch it..

I WANT IT BACK !! haha please help

thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-11-2009 , 07:34 AM
You've hit "B" on your keyboard for soft selection, just hit "B" again and all should be well!

# 3 04-11-2009 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
good call! thanks! Now I know the hot-key for it. What is soft selection used for?

# 4 04-11-2009 , 05:24 PM
EduSciVis-er
It's used for modifying your mesh using a gradual influence on surrounding points instead of all or nothing. Experiment with it and you might figure out how it's useful or not useful.

# 5 04-11-2009 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
you can change the size of the influence too by holding down b and middle mouse button dragging
(middle mouse button dragging is a virtual slider bar that you can use with a lot of things. like in the channel box if you select an attribute with a number and middle mouse button drag anywhere in your scene it will change)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 06-11-2009 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
ahhh thats interesting and good to know. I have yet to experiment with tool though, But will check out those controls and functionality of it, trust me user added image

do you suggest any specific uses for it?

# 7 06-11-2009 , 06:26 AM
EduSciVis-er
It's probably used often to quickly shape organic meshes for example. Just a tip, people will likely be quicker to help with a specific question if the thread title is relevant and informative. user added image
Though I've found lots of very helpful and friendly people here regardless of the title.

# 8 06-11-2009 , 06:18 PM
Subscriber
ahh i see.. right on. Will keep that in mind user added image thx for ur suggestions.