Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-08-2012 , 04:49 AM
Lifetime Member

Bullets life reassessed

Hi guys,

well what a week!!! Talk about stress and worry and lots of thought and tears in between. A week of humble and solemn reflection on what life has become for me and how I will change some of it at least.

I visited a GP up here in the desert of Western Australia with an issue. I was then informed I MAY have either prostate or testicular cancer. I had some tests and waited for my results. 4 days of worry, stress, all the usual human emotion. Then I got a call from the Med centre to attend ASAP to get my results. I can tell you the tone of the call and the way it was delivered gave me a thump in the heart.

LUCKILY it was nothing more than to get the results and be told...thus far...the chemmy markers indicate I am in the clear. Though I still have some more tests when I return home I will still get a 2nd opinion.

In my reflective state, I wondered about my 5 kids...especially my little angel Kailani who turned 1 recently. My partner and how much, despite disagreements...I am still very much in love with. My family, my friends (including you guys of course) and my pets too.

As most of you know I am a Surveyor by trade, I have spent a good 50% plus up to 80% in the last 9 years working away from home. This usually (apart from the last 12 months) is a 4 week at work and one at home. A hard slog and a long time away from loved ones. All this to earn a better dollar and try and get somewhere in life.

I have however changed this train of thought, I have handed in my notice and by Xmas will not travel away for work. I have come to the conclusion there is too much that I have and do miss out on because of my job. My Kailani has started walking...again another child I did not see start the vertical stuff. Out of 5 kids...4 I have only been there part time. After this scare...I have said "**** it, **** work" and I am going home.

I will be undergoing a hypnotherapy session and giving away the bloody cigarettes too I can tell you. I wont have a job when I get home...but I dont bloody care, my wife and kids are more important to me than money or career.

Guys and girls...if you have issues that need medical attention...PLEASE see your Doctor. There are too many stories (men in particular) that deny the need and end up dead.

Thanks for listening

Respect Ant xx

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 25-08-2012 , 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Wow...I'm awful in these times but have to say that I really hope its nothing and that in a couple years you'll be chuckling about this. I'm wishing the best for you and your family. You can't leave them and we won't let you leave us Ant.

- Genny
# 3 25-08-2012 , 07:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Thank you Gen.....Im not going anywhere LOL. I must say one of the reflective moments concerned Maya and my self teaching with a lot of help from my great mates here! I was worried what I was going to do with all of my STUFF LOL......I do have some unfinished models...and I was worried I wouldnt be a good Maya modeller before I left...gaawd what a painful thought that was LOL

Thanks Gen

Ant

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 25-08-2012 , 09:31 AM
The thin red line
I wish you good luck with that Bullet I do hope you dont have to go down the same road that I am on, you have to be strong for you wife and the kids(may be not so much for the kids as if they are young they most likely dont understand)..........wishing you good luck............dave

# 5 25-08-2012 , 07:00 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well Bullit that's some heavy hits you got there.
Wish I could say I couldn't relate, what you had for 4 days I have for over a year , have to go to the doc next Monday for my testresults and I actually hope they find something...they can fix with a simple pill I might add.

# 6 25-08-2012 , 07:41 PM
Lifetime Member
Shit fella, that's a hell of a rollercoaster ride you're on.

Fingers crossed your second opinion also comes up clear. I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason and maybe this is just the shock you needed to help you see what you're missing at home. It's never easy to change the way your life is but take the most of the tail end of the year to spend as much time as you can with your wife and kids, if the job hunting doens't go too smoothly don't get disheartened - the right thing will come up when it's needed.

Remember that this isn't a rehearsal, we only get one stab at this life, so grab it firmly by the balls and tell it who's boss. Then let the rollercoaster take you where it will but make sure to enjoy every experience.

All the best Ant.

# 7 25-08-2012 , 11:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ant

mate I/we can only imagine how you are feeling but all of us here are with you mate.
My step father had prostate cancer a couple of years back and it was treated and he is as right as rain now. Nasties like this caught early enough can be seen off straight away. Hopefully it is just a glitch and you are fine fine fine

I think youve done the right thing mate by refusing to stay away from home. Relaxation is the key to staying healthy.

best to you mate
Jay

# 8 26-08-2012 , 09:55 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks dave, yeh Im going home...bugger it mate, life is too short to become a statistic.

I hope all goes well mastone...though it was only 4 days mate it was mentally draining, wish you good results!

Thanks Mark, yes mate life has some wierd things involved doesnt it? It certainly put my frame of mind onto the wife and kids. I have certainly missed a lot of thier lives and now I have realised that my career comes second, which is a hard thing for me to do. I am hoping this game will take opff and give me some income. Even working at Maccas fliiping burgers will do me LOL, at least I will be home every night!

Thanks Jay, yep Im going home. As I was quick in there to the Docs I believe I would have caught it early. I know a few of my (Masters) in the construction game have been through what your stepfather went through, they are fine but had some scares!

Thanks again Ant

bullet1968

# 9 26-08-2012 , 03:07 PM
Administrator
Since you're now aware of your own mortality, you should sit down and make a list of 100 things to do before you die and then start ticking it off as you go. You can include stuff you've already done that you thought were great like fall in love etc. Here's some inspiration;

https://www.upgradereality.com/100-cr...efore-you-die/

Make sure to include drinking the best beer in the world on that list and come visit us here in Prague user added image

# 10 26-08-2012 , 10:36 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL thank you Miss_Nova....reading that I have actually done quite a few of those, apart from world travel...he he he he he

bullet1968