Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-04-2020 , 06:15 PM

Mesh becomes half-transparent and coloured black as if the normals are flipped

Title says it all.
For additional details, I will give you an image.

https://imgur.com/ZUMLvWE

Can someone tell me what happened and how to fix it? thanks.

# 2 02-04-2020 , 05:45 AM
SM Tea Boy
I've seen this before for me it was a gfx card driver issue. Try a driver update

What version of Maya are you using?

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 06-04-2020 , 08:19 AM
graphics card update? it's odd. it happened only on this mesh and this mesh only. but still yeah I will do it.

I use version 2018.

# 4 06-04-2020 , 11:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
Couple of other things to try

Assign a new material to it. Sounds weird but I've seen this work before.

Export it out of the scene and reimport it into a new one. If you want to upload the scene I'd be happy to tell you if it does the same to me in Maya 2020

All the best
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"