Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-08-2013 , 05:22 PM

Can't open files

Hi SImplyMaya, I can't open or save any files in Maya. This is what the Script Editor prints out: # Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/fromNativePath.mel line 90: (unicode error) 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa0' in position 24: ordinal not in range(128) #

Before this happened, I tried to set my default root (or something like this, I forgot it user added image) to a folder. I believe that the solution is simple, but I don't know how to fix it.

# 2 28-08-2013 , 02:03 PM
Whatever.. I fixed it.. Thanks for the help, guys.. Ohh, yeah, you didn't help me..

# 3 28-08-2013 , 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
I'd kind understand if you've never gotten help here but you and I both know better. So instead of not replying at all, you decided to come back, not to share the solution but to take a jab at the community. Classy.

- Genny
# 4 29-08-2013 , 07:19 AM
Lifetime Member
Thats ok Gen, people here seem to forget we dont have people or Mods on 24/7. Most of us actually have lives and jobs etc etc and what little time we do have, we donate freely to this community. One must remember that barbed comments can be reciprocated just as easily user added image not too mention the lack of future engagements as people will be less willing to help.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 30-08-2013 , 04:38 AM
Technical Director

Whatever.. I fixed it.. Thanks for the help, guys.. Ohh, yeah, you didn't help me..

Says the guy that I recovered as much as was possible from his corrupted scene file and he didn't even say thanks. user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 15-08-2016 , 08:46 PM

plz help

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/fromNativePath.mel line 90: (unicode error) 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 13-15: ordinal not in range(128)

cant import image on the views as references . thank you

# 7 28-01-2020 , 10:51 AM
Running into the same issue now. What was the fix for this?