Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 04-02-2004 , 07:58 PM
to get the lines you want and an even distribution, it would probably be a good idea to create a line then extrude the face along the line. It is on of the possible extrude settings.

There is then a divisions section in the channel box, when you go there and increase the divisions you will began to see the mesh form a long the curve.

I do think it is a good start, but I also think Morning is correct when telling you to start of with references because they help build a foundation for other ideas and designs.

Good Job, and best of luck.

Improve
# 17 04-02-2004 , 10:10 PM
im not much of an artist (as you can see) but here is a refference i drew.

Attached Images

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 18 04-02-2004 , 11:27 PM
If you are going for realism, I suggest that you try using Nurbs or Sub-D's. Also don't be afraid to take the model further than your drawing, like putting details like a vents in and adding whatever it is that is going to be propelling your vehichle forward. It needs more Form and Function detail, that is what I think Pure was trying to get across. There are many different ways that the modell can be advanced upon. You should check out some car magazines, they might help you expand.

When I sketch Ideas, I tend to draw things less detailed and often it reflects in the work, don't be afraid to take it further.

Best of Luck, hope I was helpful.

Improve
# 19 05-02-2004 , 03:03 AM
well i started it again...

Attached Thumbnails

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 20 05-02-2004 , 03:05 AM
and a whire...

Attached Thumbnails