Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-07-2005 , 03:48 PM
Any updates ?

# 17 15-07-2005 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber
Today was the first time I even had time to boot up my workstation and even then I didn't have enough time for any real modelling. I've just got more important things this week like finding a job. Sorry, hopefully I can start again soon.

# 18 18-07-2005 , 12:04 AM
Your model looks great, and good luck on your job search.

# 19 18-07-2005 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
I wasn't really happy with the amount of detail going into it so i rebuilt the main section of the bridge, bringing the whole bridge upto around 18,500 polys.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 18-07-2005 , 02:57 PM
That looks great.
Good luck on the job.

# 21 02-03-2006 , 04:44 AM
ya, you should find a job for modeling or something =)

# 22 02-03-2006 , 10:07 AM
that bridge is 18,000 are you fricking kidding me!!? If any modeller handed that to me I'd fire their ass in 2 seconds! user added image should be much lower res than that! user added image

You should look at getting all the details into this using texture maps rather than modelling it all. It'll take you ages. Maybe you should just model the foreground elements and then use planes for the rest.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 23 02-03-2006 , 01:17 PM
Subscriber
Hey Noak, not sure how you found this thread as it fell off the front page months ago but cheers for bringing this back to life because i was away from maya so long i'd completely forgotten i was doing this.

As for the job in modelling i know that i wouldn't make it through the first day without getting fired.

Pure_Morning, Thanks for the advice. I started modelling this for the fun of doing so and not really as a modelling exercise, so i wasn't really bothered about how high my poly count got. I'll have a look and see if i can find this model on any backup CDs, although i doubt it as i never remember to back anything up. If i can't find it i'll start it again but using your low res approach.

I can see you've got another big movie to your name now, life at Framestore CFC hey. user added image