SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Just got the Tranformers Special Edition DVD

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
shmey2
Subscriber

Just got the Tranformers Special Edition DVD
WOW this thing is awesome. It has the best visual effects I have ever seen. I was also pumped to check out the special features on the second disk. If you check out the sub-section titled "allspark" something or another, you can see the digital artists using MAYA! After seeing some of the Star Wars behind the scenes I was aware of ILM using Maya as their main 3d tool. It was just cool to see how it was all done!

TAKE A LOOK!

-MiKE
13-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
danotronXX
Subscriber

thanks for the note dude. I've been meaning to check it out must be awesome. I heard optimus prime was composed of 10,108 cg parts each carefully painted, detailed, textured with the right dirt/rust...
sometimes I'm glad I didn't work on that project :p
but yea I gotta get myself that DVD and find out more I've always wondered a lot on some of the behind the scenes of that movie.
13-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
gster123

Is it out already? Thats a fast turnaround.

haha the way youve worded that Danotron it sounds like you work for ILM (if you do just laugh at me)
14-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
danotronXX
Subscriber

haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is that
14-10-2007, 05:49 AM   #5
shmey2
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by danotronXX
haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is that
Probably couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, the whole second DVD is excellent. I could watch it again tonight.

-MiKE