Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-11-2002 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber

Two shading questions

Hello all,

I'm looking to finish a scene with a guy I created. I've got him all posed and ready to go to add shading and what not but before I do I have a question for you guys.

First is that I've never done shading myself. I'm looking to make a realistic skin shader but don't have a clue where to start. Can anyone help me out with that?

Also when I created the guy He's one polygonal object. If I apply one shader to him his entire body will be covered iwth it. I'm looking for primarily his face and neck to be a skin tone and the rest to be a different color and texture like an undergarment. Is there anyway to apply two shaders to the same object without overlapping them or will I have to take an alternative approach?

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 03-11-2002 , 09:21 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 04-11-2002 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
Thank you so much for the information! I knew they're had to be a simple answer to my problem. This looks like a great start to learn shading. Thanks again!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!