Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-04-2004 , 12:12 PM

How to compile rendered TIFF files...

OK,

I'm at a stumbling block now, i have rendered a scene to a series of TIFF files, now i obviously want to create a video file and overlay that onto my background video footage, or import them into a prgram that will allow me to do it all at once. After Affects allows this but it would mean changing the length of each clip down to 1 frame and placing it, is there an easier way or is this my lot?

Andy

# 2 09-04-2004 , 01:35 PM
Did not clearly understand your problem, but you can import your TIFF files as a TIFF sequence in AE, and then render the sequence as an avi file.

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...
# 3 10-04-2004 , 11:44 AM
Thanks Hanuman,

I'm probably making a habbit out of posting questions and working out the answers about an hour later by playing around but to be honest any information is invaluable and a lot of tips people help me out with do point me the right direction, i've managed to do a crude attempt at overlaying maya produced footage over DV, and it looks pretty seamless too, its not the footage i wanted but a test run on very simple objects over stock footage, I'm working on your suggestion of importing TIFF sequence's.

I've set maya to remder them as an interlaced image (i'm guessing that this makes it easier to produce a motion blur and overlay that effect) though its a lot to try and learn at once. thanks again...

heres another query though, what information do i need to plug into a camera's attributes to get it to represent my own camera? I have a DV cam and I have got all the information about it, i am simply fumbling about with this information and trying to understand how to interpret that so i can make my maya camera's emulate the real one, any tips?

thanks again

Andy

# 4 12-04-2004 , 05:17 AM
that is still unexplored territory for the time being - I play with the focal length and the film aspect ratio to get the desired camera settings, but afraid i can't be of much help with this.

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...
# 5 12-04-2004 , 11:43 PM
No worry's i've been doing the same... it amazes me how much you learn and how quickly, if i get any more info on this subject i'll let you know, i'm going to visit some friends who are away at uni learning amongst other things how to use maya and i'll be making a point of finding out about this, i'll probably get them to give me the low down so i can make a tutorial or at least some kind of instruction file...

Andy