Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-12-2006 , 09:35 PM

Creating shirt with EP Curve tool - Line placement problem

Hello All,
I am trying the make a shirt with the EP curve tool. I am following the free tutorial exactly (I think). My problem is after I create my lines for the first half of the shirt, and then go into presp view, the lines that go to the middle of the body slant outward. It seems like they are going to the surface of the body. In other words, the lines are not flat when I look at them from the side. Then when I duplicate em they do not meet up correctly. Whats the deal?
Thanks!

# 2 15-12-2006 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
The only thing I can think of tha would do that is having the wrong snapping-mode on. You haven't got point-snapping turned on have you? (The magnet with a dot) That would make the verts sit at a different depth, as they were snapped to the depth that the model's verts are at.
Simon

# 3 15-12-2006 , 11:41 PM
Thx for the the thought, but unfortunately I have already tried a bunch of different snapping configs. Nothing seems to staighten them out.