Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-08-2003 , 09:15 PM

Vehicle Modeling

Hi, I'm new to Maya, and these forums as well...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a vahicle modeling tutorial for beginners. I do know a few things though as I've followed through with some tutorials.

What I'm really looking for is a very in-depth type of tutorial, or even better, a video on modeling cars (any types, or even tanks or planes as long as you use image references). I need to know where to click to do what and when to do it. Most tutorials on cars that I've checked only have a few paragraphs of things you haven't learned. That's why a video would be exceptionally helpful! But, nevertheless, if anyone finds a text based tutorial with picture references that goes very in-depth, please, drop me a line to where I can find it. It would really help. Really...

OK, thanks, and God bless. Hit me back.

# 2 17-08-2003 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
mike has a text based tutorial on poly car modelling, its not a vdieo or as indepth as ur talking about, but its easy to follow:
www.mtmckinley.net

for reference pics try www.suurland.com

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 17-08-2003 , 12:10 PM
Boris3d.de in the modelling section has some stuff on vehicles.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 17-08-2003 , 01:24 PM
ooo first post and he gets a telling off from Adl.... lol :p welcome to SM. (The duplicate thread in the Members Lounge!!) user added image

If you want to model a car then find the subaru tutorial https://www.blissdd.com/WRX/Tutorial/tutorial.html that's probably the best place to start. If not check out the WIP forum here at SM loads of people are doing cars at the moment (It's not easy by the way for a noobie) but it will be good practice and a good learning excercise.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 17-08-2003 , 02:58 PM
Welcome to SM. :p

# 6 17-08-2003 , 03:51 PM

100% Newb

Thanks..adl, my bad. U kno i keep it tru. We be da real Ni99@z.
Anyways, about that tutorial on the wrx, it doesnt get very in depth. It just shows what the guy did, but didnt explain how you actually use the tools and what tools to use. im new, and a NEWB 100%, so....its kinda hard for me when these tutorials are so..........*short due to lazyness*.

I need a newb tutorial on car modeling...

# 7 17-08-2003 , 03:55 PM
Yes, adl is acting like a mod. No cussing either user added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 8 17-08-2003 , 06:38 PM
well take a look at the free video tutes here at SM they will teach you the basics pretty quick. Then maybe think about making a car! user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 9 17-08-2003 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
I feel so bad; I have never made a car and feel no need to make one!

I'm defective!

I do think a few easier things might help though, seems a big step.