Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-10-2015 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

Just started Nuke and have an issue

Hi All

I have managed to get a 2560 x 1600 out of Maya with all the layers

The problem i am now seeing is that when i do the comp in Nuke its looking really dark, nothing really like Dave's in the tutorial.

I have verified that all the Shuffle nodes are rgb and that all but the left 2 merge nodes are all plus.

I have uploaded 2 images one of the house alone showing just the direct difuse layer the other with thhe full comp showing what Dave does.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Myth

Attached Thumbnails

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 2 31-10-2015 , 07:28 PM
SM Tea Boy
Send me your exr i'll take a look at it now user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 31-10-2015 , 07:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
and the nuke file so i can see where it has gone wrong

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 31-10-2015 , 07:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
ahh from the screenshot looks like the def trans shuffle node is set to rgba should be set to rgb check it. if it's not that send it to me.

# 5 31-10-2015 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
just uploading to pcloud now dave.

Many thanks

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 6 31-10-2015 , 07:42 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'm downloading it will let you know in a second

Dave

# 7 31-10-2015 , 07:54 PM
SM Tea Boy
Good news, bad news.

Good news, looks like you got everything in Nuke right user added image Nice job there can be tricky to get the basics in nuke when you first start.

Bad news you are missing information from the render passes (it's just not there so nothing you do will fix it) if you set the viewer to say direct diffuse you can see the colour information for the main house is not there.

My best guess you are not using the mila material for certain shaders, the new pass system ignores any other type of shader and just renders that out black which is what seems to have happened here.

If you check out the matte passes generated there also some missing. I think your only problem here is the materials used in maya, upgrade any mia_materials to mila materials, render a 720 HD test and read in the new file issue should be solved

All the best
Dave

# 8 31-10-2015 , 07:58 PM
SM Tea Boy
Stick with it compositing is HARD a lot of people seem to think as it's the last step it will be quick and easy it's not. If anything it can be the most difficult part of the process.

Nice to see you working through this though it's as i've said a long process but worth it in the end and it gets easier once you've gone through it once or twice successfully.

All the best
Dave

# 9 31-10-2015 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Dave. Enjoying it very much. Although frustrating at times user added image but as expected user added image. The best tutorial set I have ever bought. Well I love the dinosaur too as he is cute user added image

# 10 31-10-2015 , 11:28 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'm rendering out your scene and i notice some very strange things going on in the pass system, related i think to how you have imported some of the stuff into the scene.

The new pass system is quite fragile. I'm doing a debug now to work out exactly why it's broken down. I'll do a video tomorrow as it's 12:30am now and if i wake the misses up doing a video tutorial I'll have bigger problems than a broken maya scene file user added image

David

# 11 01-11-2015 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
Yep definitely don't want to wake the missis user added image. Thanks Dave

# 12 01-11-2015 , 04:35 PM
SM Tea Boy
I've been working on this for a couple of hours now it's definitely not happy about the imported mila materials. The system is so new it's taking me a while to debug. I think i've cracked the problem just doing a few test renders to confirm.

I'm of out to grab a bite to eat but just to let you know i'm on the case. I'm not at all surprised you had difficulty identifying what was wrong though!

Dave

# 13 01-11-2015 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks very much Dave, if you are taking a bit of time to get it working i would have had no chance what so ever lol user added image appreciated the dedication mate user added image

Thanks Myth